If you have missing teeth and are a candidate for implants, they are the next best thing to real teeth. Stable and permanent, they are ideal for replacing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or for anchoring crowns, bridges and dentures. And with proper care, they will last a lifetime.
Biocompatible titanium posts are surgically implanted into the jawbone below your gums, with the metal acting as the tooth’s sturdy root. Then, once the area has had time to heal, and the bone has fused with the post, we fit the custom-made replacement tooth overtop.
The benefits of implants are significant. They:
- Are highly stable and completely functional, just like real teeth
- Are more durable than natural teeth
- Are attractive, natural and comfortable
- Conserve the jawbone and adjacent teeth
- Need no special care other than brushing, flossing and regular dental appointments
- Can work in any mouth, at any age, depending on bone density
If you’re considering implants, we will talk to you to determine if you’re a candidate for the procedure. You must have healthy gums and sufficient bone structure for the implant to stay in place. Also, if you have gum disease, it must be treated before the implant can be placed.
Talk to us today about the possibilities of implants for a healthier mouth – and a brilliant smile.